Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm being told

that Jon Stewart said the exact same thing as my previous post. I didn't know, I promise. Why don't I ever have any original ideas??

"And what there is to conquer
By strength and submission, has already been discovered
Once or twice, or several times, by men whom one cannot hope
To emulate--but there is not competition--
There is only the fight to recover what has been lost
And found and lost again and again and now, under conditions
That seem unpropitious. But perhaps neither gain nor loss.
For us, there is only the trying. The rest is not our business."

-T. S. Eliot, "East Coker"

I love, love, love that last time.

I just watched Jon Stewart's segment. It's only half the same...his is better.

1 comment:

  1. you are an intellectual fool.



    i have lost all motivation to write my last two essays for this asian scholarship.

    ReplyDelete